What is NAD?
Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide (NAD) is a metabolic co-enzyme that structures, repairs, and is an essential component of energy production (mitochondrial function); heavily involved in DNA repair and cell repair; responsible for turning certain genes on and off; and essential for maintaining neurotransmitter levels, for the proper functioning of the brain.
These specialized enzymes require constant replenishment.
Below are some instances in which the body can lose or degrade natural NAD levels
- Substance Abuse
- Post-Traumatic Stress
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Natural Aging Process
BR+/ NAD is a proprietary nutritionally-based Intravenous infusion used to restore brain function and repair damage caused by stress, depression, addiction, alcoholism, post-traumatic stress, and chronic traumatic encephalopathy – conditions which deplete the brain of neurotransmitters.
Our BR+ and NAD plus therapy protocols are completely nutrient-based, are made of compounds a healthy body produces naturally, and include the purest nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide available.
Current research also indicates that NAD deficiencies may trigger a host of metabolic and degenerative diseases, including obesity, Type II diabetes, chronic traumatic encephalopathy, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s. When using NAD with the BR+ protocols for addiction or stress treatment, neurochemical imbalances can be restored to healthy functioning usually within ten days or less.
BR+/ NAD offers three game-changing benefits over conventional detox and rehab programs:
- Detoxes safely and requires no other addictive substances to relieve withdrawal symptoms
- Blocks cravings as early as Day Two or Three of treatment depending on patient history
- Restores healthy brain function: memory, concentration, clarity, optimism, and more
Our Integrative Approach to Brain Restorations
The first step is to review the patient’s medical history and current status prior to treatment. This initial assessment determines what the patient’s protocol will be.
The average addiction detox treatment is 10 days. Patients that are seeking treatment for stress related disorders will receive a shorter treatment schedule. The stress management treatment is typically completed within 6 days
Patients receive individually designed intravenous protocols of BR+/ NAD under the supervision of trained medical staff. At the end of the treatment, more than 90% of our patients report no cravings, increased clarity of mind, better problem-solving ability, improved focus and concentration, increased energy, and improved mood.
This treatment is not a cure or a substitute for recovery. It is the beginning of the healing process. Once the brain is restored to optimal functioning, the patient has the clarity of mind to engage in the recovery process with the ability to stop compulsive behaviors and make mindful choices that are self-supportive rather than self-destructive.
Treatment programs normally include individual, family and group therapy. Patient commitment to after-care treatment with emphasis on psychological, social and spiritual healing is critical. The underlying psychological issues, which often lead to substance abuse, must be resolved for true recovery.
There is a resurgence of interest in NAD throughout the medical world. NAD Research, Inc., lab is discovering new findings and applications that have long-reaching health benefits using the proprietary product BR+/ NAD. Here are a few NAD related articles:
- Can NAD+ Slow the Aging Process? – Steve Spencer; Birmingham Medical News
- NAD Brain Restoration for Addiction. Norris, Paula. The Fix – Addiction and Recovery, Straight Up. 24 September, 2015.
- Announcing the First Brain Restoration Summit: “NAD—The future of brain health.” Alchemy on Demand: Words Into Gold. September, 2015.
- Springfield Wellness Center – A 10-day road to freedom from addiction. CR Magazine Staff. Country Roads Magazine – From Natchez to New Orleans, 2015.
- Brain Restoration: ‘Too Good to Be True’ for Addiction and Disease? Morales, Royce Amy. The Fix – Addiction and Recovery, Straight Up. 20 March, 2014.
- The NAD Deficiency Diseases Cleary, John P., MD.
- Diphosphopyridine Nucleotide in the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Drug Addiction. O’Hollaren, Paul, MD.
- Intravenous Administration of Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Significantly Reduces Self Report Craving Ratings Associated with Opiate and Alcohol Withdrawal
Authentic compassion is paramount, and along with truth and integrity, is the hallmark of treatment success. Our motto is, no guilt, no shame, and no judgment.
We hope you join us.